Advanced Process Control EngineerBusiness area: Refining
Working location: Preem Refinery, Lysekil
Location type: On site
Contract type: Full time
Contribute to Preem’s vision; Lead the transition towards a sustainable society.
As an Advanced Process Control Engineer you will have the opportunity to optimize industrial processes at one of the most efficient refineries in Europe. By combining your skills in process control and your experience with industrial processes you will be able to design and implement impactful control applications, both in terms of energy consumption and the value created by the refining process.
Responsibilities may include but are not necessarily limited to:
• Design and implement APC solutions, including control strategies, to optimize process performance
• Design, tune and implement controllers in the Distributed Control System
• Manage and develop existing APC solutions, including changing of strategy, tuning and software upgrades
• Provide commissioning and start-up support for completed optimization applications
• Create calculations of inferential qualities and KPIs
• Develop and/or review process control design when process units are built/modified
• Manage and develop applications or systems for Process Information, Tank Surveillance and Operator Training
• Assist Control room operators, Instrument engineers and Process engineers with troubleshooting
• Lead/Own or participate in projects.
• Master’s degree in control, chemical, mechatronic, computer, electrical engineering or engineering physics
• Minimum of five (5) years of experience in advanced process control and/or automation design.
• Experience working with DeltaV, Aspen DMCplus/DMC3
• Basic knowledge of database management and programming
• Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
• Fluent in either Swedish or English.
• Willing to learn Swedish if not fluent.
About Preem and what we can offer:
You will be an important part of Preem – a company where the atmosphere is welcoming and the ambition is to be market leading in sustainability.
The refinery in Lysekil is the largest in the entire Nordic region, there is always something new to learn, especially as the complexity increases with the increase of renewable feedstock.
For us at Preem it is important that you share our values: that you put safety first, that you are responsible, inclusive and innovative.
Preem is subject to the Swedish Protective Security Act, hence applicants may be subject to a Security Check within the framework of the Swedish Protective Security Act. Applicants need to be able to present an ID valid in Sweden.
If you have any questions please contact Thomas Dolff, Manager Process Control, +46(0)10-450 35 53. Final application date: 21st of August 2022. Provide a CV and an application letter with your application. We are looking forward to seeing your application.
Preem offers financial assistance for relocation.
Union contact: https://www.preem.se/om-preem/karriar/lediga-tjanster/fackliga-kontaktpersoner